Thread: usb/mp3/SD adapter to replace cd changer

Real Name
    Matt
    Thanks

usb/mp3/SD adapter to replace cd changer

Hi

Has anyone tried one of these on a Soarer V8 EMV

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.ph...9&cat=0&page=1

I contacted them and they said I need to give them the model number of my head unit to check compatibility. They can also supply a Toyota "Y" cable for about 15 quid that should allow you to keep the cd changer functionality as well.

I'm going to pull out my emv to change out some capacitors at some point, so I will be able to get the model number and check with them, but I would be interested to know if anyone has had success with one of these.

Regards
    Matt

Real Name
    rich wanker
    Thanks
    never seen or heard of one before

good find

pls buy one and let us know if it works

Real Name
    Matt
    Thanks
    They do an iphone/ipod version too, but I would prefer my music on a usb stick, can't beat drag and drop. One thing that pisses me off with itunes is the fact that you have to convert wma files to aac or mp3. WMA is also supported by the xcarlink.

Once I have repaired my blinky emv, I will probably get one. I am currently using the 12 disc cd changer and somtimes I connect my iphone with tv out, i.e through the tv connector under the back seat.

I bought a personal dvd player with freeview, usb input, ntsc tv output + divx/mp3/wma playback capability. I'm planning to install this in the glovebox, but it would be nice to be able to use the head unit to go up and down music tracks etc. The xcarlink device should also allow me to change the bass/treble on the emv, like with the cd changer, which is not possible through the tv input.

Anyone else feeling brave enough to give it a try, not sure when I will get round to it

Cheers
    Matt

Real Name
    victor
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_T View Post
    Hi

Has anyone tried one of these on a Soarer V8 EMV

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.ph...9&cat=0&page=1

I contacted them and they said I need to give them the model number of my head unit to check compatibility. They can also supply a Toyota "Y" cable for about 15 quid that should allow you to keep the cd changer functionality as well.

I'm going to pull out my emv to change out some capacitors at some point, so I will be able to get the model number and check with them, but I would be interested to know if anyone has had success with one of these.

Regards
    Matt
    Sounds good,i`ll go for one! Please,let as know if it works.

Real Name
    Ian Cass
    Thanks
    Very doubtful it will work with EMV. More likely to work with non-EMV headunit, but even that's doubtful. Be nice if it did though!!

Real Name
    Jay
    Thanks
    I fitted one of the ipod versions of these in a mates' Megane, It just plugged in to the cd changer port, no fuss, I'm not sure if the Soarers' head units have different connections for the CD changer depending on EMV/Non-EMV, but in theory it should work if it fits..
    Before buying, I would suggest taking your head unit out and checking your CD changer plug on the back, or even better, take a photo and send it to that seller to check that its the right connection first.

Real Name
    Andy
    Thanks
    Thats one hell of a rip off mate, basically its an MP3 player without any memory for 70... I think you'd have trouble getting it to work with an EMV (It would beep and throw an error code), and I'm guessing the same for standard head units...

It would be about 69 cheaper to get a cassette-to-phono adapter and play music off your existing MP3 player, or phone (Thats what I do)

Just my thoughts though
    '96 Black On Black UZZ31
    19" TTE Alloys