Membership Subscription

Thread: sc400 water leaks interior

sc400 Guest

sc400 water leaks interior

Just resealed rear windows to stop water leaks as rear seat was wet. Also found water getting in boot from fuel filler area, but have major leak think coming from front air vents below screen it appears water is traveling down heater ducts under the front seats has anyone had a problem with water coming in from the front as carpets are soaked regards sc400

Lee Jones is offline Deviant Member
    The Munchen Muncher

Real Name
    Lee Jones
    Thanks
    do a search for "soarer with added water feature"

it could be the front doors and the plastic membrane inside the door cards

Real Name
    Craig Allan
    Thanks
    I had a prob with water coming down the A pillar trim, round the dash and onto the front carpet, turns out it was the windscreen seal leaking.

Thanks
    Does the car have a sunroof?

Maybe that the drainage piped are blocked?

sc400 Guest
    no sunroof ,but does have aircon. no water coming in from doors.no water coming down A. pillar. windsreen not leaking. both front carpets soaked. removing carpets this weekend & give another hosing to see if can detech. does the area under the wipers have drain holes ?

Lee Jones is offline Deviant Member
    The Munchen Muncher

Real Name
    Lee Jones
    Thanks
    just incase you did not find this thread
    http://www.soarerworld.com/forum/sho...+water+feature

sc400 Guest

water problems

Thanks as I did not find.I have had all rear windows resealed as had water leaking down inside. this fix the rear seat from getting wet. Also had water in boot rear window reseal fixed passenger side, but still water on drivers side right up to the cd, found the problem was the fuel cap area, the tube was blocked & seal was leaking so resealed so far no water.IN the weekend pull carpets to find leak in the front. Found water get in air vent for heater in wiper area. cleaned the large drain holes that let water out to the front guards. test no water leaking in on passenger side. so put a small amount of water into heater air vent & water ran in again down around the flap above fan.So hopefully if I keep eye on drain holes no more problems. I think because drain holes blocked the water built up & overflowed into heater outside vent under the panel in the bulk head. so far no more water

Real Name
    stewart
    Thanks
    can you put a pic of these drain holes up.

sc400 Guest
    sorry not that skilled yet. remove black plastic mesh & wiper assembly & looking from one side to the other should see rather large hole for allowing water to flow out .mine both sides blocked with dirt etc. also loosen front guards & cleaned out the dirt etc.

sc400 Guest

water leaks

Thanks Lee & Stew B re water feature I will also check door cards this weekend. Amazing how many people have water problems & I would say alot wont have discover they have wet carpets or rear seat.Mine problems only come to light when had rear seat passenger complain of wet bum. could not believe the amount of water.couldnt wait yes drivers door wet & has had tape put around plastic liner but have not tuck lower back inside door frame.cut new plastic liner tonight & will test tomorrow.
    Last edited by sc400; 08-08-2007 at 12:33.

sc400 Guest

interior water leaks

Finally have doors sealed took a bit to get sealer to hold the plastic liner.Also had to seal around fuel neck. Had found another area where water was getting into the boot. near boot hinge both sides under rear parcel tray round hole which had a foam inserted which was soaking wet. Found water coming from rear window trim clips. sealed & that fixed that area.Name:  DSC00002-1.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  142.4 KB

Name:  DSC00003-1.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  142.9 KB

Name:  DSC00005-1.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  142.6 KB

sc400 Guest

water leaks

last photo under plastic cover both sides drain holes let water out to guard .