Membership Subscription

Thread: Help!!!!!St185 celica Oil leak

Real Name
    Luke Murray
    Thanks

Question Help!!!!!St185 celica Oil leak

Hey there people.
    I own a dec 1990 celica gt4 st185 import. iv owned it for 4 months now and discovered serious oil leaks around engine. Its got a bailey dump valve which is blowing out oil now aswell as the air its supposed to. There is also oil leaking from the back of engine (looking from front of car to rear) somewhere. it looks like its possibly rocker cover gasket. But i lose around 1litre of oil every 300miles. Iv seen a mechanic who tells me turbo and engine is finished and that it'll cost near 1000 to fix!! Iv also been told that you can get gasket kits for turbos. If so does anyone know who and where are the best suppliers? I know you can get gasket kits for engines nearly anywhere. Iv got reasonable experience working on cars and would like to think that the problems can be fixed myself before any damage is done. ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE MUCH APPRICIATED THANKS!!!!!

Real Name
    Craig Allan
    Thanks
    If youre losing a litre of oil over 300 miles you got trouble buddy... Is there lots of smoke? Is there a litre of oil on the ground where you park? You can get turbo seal kits easily enough on fleabay but unless you want it to last longer than 2 minutes Id strongly advise against doing it yourself.

Real Name
    Luke Murray
    Thanks
    Normal smoke output at the moment. Even if i give car short blast which iv now stopped doing. There is definately a oil patch where i park. Im travelling around 120 miles a day when i use the car I can do this trip 2 times before a need a top up. From min to max level on dip. 1/2 litre sorry compared to 1 litre i said earlier. My mistake. I was wondering if any one knew any common problems with these engines. Thanks for reply